#ONA19 Unconference slides: What we learned from looking at 1.2 billion Google Top Stories Boxes14. September 2019
We were so happy to present for our third Unconference session at the Online News Association 2019 on Saturday! We spoke about news SEO, the most visible publishers in the Google News ranking types, AMP (accelerated mobile pages) and “original reporting.”
What We Learned from Looking at 1.2 Billion Google Top Stories Boxes
Watch a quick video of our Unconference session.
Download our entire presentation slides here.
News Flashboard tool
We also shared our brand-new tool built just for ONA, the News Flashboard.
The News Flashboard will help you reveal the following data:
- Are you in Google News?
- Do you rank as AMP?
- How visible are your articles in the news related ranking types on the search engine result page (SERP) – “Top Stories” or News Boxes, Video Carousels, Publisher Carousels, etc.?
- How visible are you in Google News (news.google.com)?
- Which of your articles are ranking right now?
- What are your most visible (successful) articles in the SERPs in the last 24 hours?
- What category are your articles most visible in?
- What keywords do you not cover right now, from Google’s perspective?
If you’re interested in getting even more data and insights into your rankings, sign up for a full, free News Dashboard demo.
Lightning Talks at #ONA19
Trisolute News Dashboard was thrilled to sponsor the 2019 Lightning Talks at ONA. This year’s theme:
What will newsrooms look like in 10 years’ time, including roles, structure and physical space?
We had a group of amazing presenters share 5-6 minute talks on a range of issues, from revenue models to news credibility to creating a safer newsroom space for journalists.
Watch video of the entire session on the News Dashboard Facebook page and Twitter post.
Angilee Shah, Global Nation founder
Lu Ortiz, executive director of VitaActiva.org
Joan Donovan, director of the Technology and Social Change Project, Shorenstein Center
Kip Dooley, Democracy Fund’s Local News Lab
Thanks to everyone who attended, presented and asked great questions. We’re looking forward to #ONA20 next year in Atlanta!