Celebrating 2023, Planning for 20245. January 2024
Happy New Year! Here at Trisolute News Dashboard, we reflect on 2023 with a mixture of gratitude and pride. Here are some highlights:
- Releasing the revamped Action View 2.0, to help News Dashboard clients better optimize for search during breaking news and live news events.
- Presenting “SEO for News Publishers” at ONA23. We were thrilled to see an engaged, overflow crowd for our session.
- Sponsoring WTF is SEO community calls and contributing to their “What’s in store for news on Google in 2024? Experts weigh in” newsletter edition.
- Providing data analysis insights and advocacy for the Google News indexing issue in summer 2023, which eventually led to Google fixing the problem.
- Blogging on critical issues like the development of Google’s SGE and what it may mean for news publishers.
- We attended Media Party in Chicago and participated in the Media Fair, where we connected with those doing amazing work in the news and technology sectors.
- Our German team held another successful Expert Day event with top news publishers in Germany. The German team also attended conferences in Europe, including SMX (Munich), SEOkomm, BrightonSEO UK, CAMPIXX, and DMEXCO, and networked with other SEO professionals while gaining insights into the latest SEO and digital media trends.
- Shortlisted in the 2023 US Search Awards in two categories: Best Search Software Tool and Best Software Innovation.
- Year in Review analysis series: Once again, the Trisolute team did a deep dive analysis into hot news SEO topics such as Google Discover, ranking types, and article freshness and offered insightful conclusions for news publishers to consider when configuring their news SEO strategy.
We are excited about the Trisolute News Dashboard product roadmap for 2024 and the new features we are working on so stay tuned!
As we focus on 2024, all eyes are on Google’s Search Generative Experience and when and in what form the AI-powered SERP features will be released to the general public. Preparing for SGE should be at the top of your SEO to-do list in 2024. Here are suggestions on how to get started:
- Conduct technical SEO and content SEO audits. You won’t be able to accurately gauge the impact of SGE on your news site’s search rankings without understanding the strengths and vulnerabilities of your website from a technical and content perspective.
- 2023 was the year for experimentation with generative AI tools in the newsroom. 2024 will be the year for thoughtful implementation. Develop newsroom guidelines around AI and search tool usage and document AI projects with a focus on accountability, ethics, and practical applications.
- The SEO data analysis dashboards of the past will need to be revamped once SGE is released to the public. If you don’t have the access or ability to update such reports, establish a strong working relationship with those who do in your newsroom. Inform stakeholders that there will inevitably be disruption to SEO benchmarks this year, and stress the need for flexibility in determining how best to assess SGE’s impact on a news outlet’s SEO performance. A dedicated news SEO tool like the Trisolute News Dashboard can help you stay on top of what is expected to be another volatile year in search.
- Not only will you need to remain flexible when it comes to data analysis, be prepared to pivot your newsroom’s SEO content strategy to take advantage of or minimize the negative impact that SGE may have on your Google’s SERP visibility.
Not yet part of the Trisolute News Dashboard family? Request your FREE demo today and find out how your articles rank on Google Discover, Google News and the SERPs!
Illustration by Search Engine Land’s SearchBot image generator, powered by DALL-E 3.